Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Review - Pizza Hut

Today I ordered a Pizza over the phone with Pizza Hut. While I was on their automated menu there was an option to Press 2 and use their automated ordering service and receive a free Garlic Bread. So I thought why not and pressed 2. I was put thru to an operator. Not the automated system I was expecting. After asking why I wasn't put thru to the automated system the girl said oh okay yes please try it again...and hung up!

So I rang back and pressed 2 again and was put thru to a new operator. Still no automated system. I asked this girl why I didn't get put thru and she said it may be because you have a restricted number. She goes "were you after the Free Garlic Bread? and I said yes" She asked for my order which I gave then I asked whether I can have the Free Garlic Bread and she said yes :) Its pays to ask!

The Pizza was great with the stuffed crust. Although a little pricey I do prefer Pizza Hut slighty more that Dominos. Dominos tend to have tiny pizzas compared to Pizza Hut. Dominos seems to be doimnating the NZ market thats Pizza Hut once owned. Pizza Hut has been raidly shutting down their old fashioned sit-down All you can eat restaurants. Its a shame because they are great. Admittedly I hadn't eaten in once for about 5 years but all the bad press Pizza Hut has been getting about declining sales made me go to the Local one (one of 4 left in Auckland) With the remaing ones they have totally revamped them along the lines of the big KFC revamp that Yum! Brands (Pizza Hut, KFC and Starbucks) NZ franchisor has been rolling out. Some new KFC stores were posting double digit sales growth due mostly to the new buildings. They do look great.

All you can eat Pizza Hut is still great value at $12.95 for Dinner or $9.95 for Lunch!

Auckland, New Zealand

No comments: